This project is being done on behalf of the American Legion and all of the veterans.
This project is being built by Rick Hutcheson at his expense. No monetary donations have been made to this project, but there has been donated material and labor. At the bottom of the About page is a list of who worked on the project and what was donated. The City of Grimes has NO involvement in this project. This is a private project on private property.
The Grimes Veterans Memorial is dedicated to all men and women who have served their country.
"Let me not mourn for those who have died fighting, but rather let me be glad that such heroes have lived."
- General George Patton
Project Established: September 2015
Location: 100 NE 2nd St, Grimes, IA 50111
Hours: Open to public any time
Handicap Accessability: via Public Sidewalk Access and Rear Parking Lot Access
- Painted Memorial Rock ( cannot use the name Freedom Rock, copyright issues)
- Colored Concrete slab for easy handicap accessability.
- Lighted Area for night time viewing
- Metal cutouts and signs to highlight the rock
- Landscaped with Flowers and Shrubs
- Two Benches for seated viewing
The below picture is a link to google maps.
By looking around street view in google maps you can see the whole memorial site.